Knights of the Griffon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights of the Griffon

IC and OOC relating to the PoP roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Report on the Siege of Ravenstern

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

Report on the Siege of Ravenstern Empty
PostSubject: Report on the Siege of Ravenstern   Report on the Siege of Ravenstern EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:49 am

To his majesty, King Mordred,

I bring news from the siege of Ravenstern, news of victory. We have captured Madame Ursula alive, and will be keeping her under our watch in our chapter house until a suitable punishment for her is decided. Also among those captured were a mercenary, disguised as a Knight of the Falcon, and an ambassador from Veccavia, both who bring very interesting news, which I shall detail below.

The information that I gathered from the mercenary is the most interesting, and perhaps the most relevant. Apparently Ursula simply decided to purchase an army of her own, not having enough forces in Ravenstern to put up any sort of fight. He and his band were hired, and then inducted into the Knights of the Falcon. Essentially, what's left of the Order is almost entirely made of brigands and other lowlifes. I propose that it be disbanded, or thoroughly cleaned out. Calling them “knights” puts a bad taste in my mouth.

The second prisoner, the ambassador from Veccavia, confirms part of our suspicion that Veccavia was helping Ursula. While there is no proof the invading army is linked to Usula's rise to power, she confirms of a trade agreement between the two, carrying documents signed by both parties. Ursula promised all output from the Senderfall mines was to go to Veccavia. In return, a massive loan of 1,000,000 denars was given to Ursula, which is how she received the funds to hire her army, as detailed above.

Due to our overwhelming strength, the city was taken with ease, however I do not yet have access to a full report of our casualties. No doubt reports from the other commanders on the battlefield will be arriving shortly, and we can get an accurate picture of our loses from them.

Of note are two of my knights which should receive praise. The first is Sir Azrael, who in a very short amount of time designed a new defensive siege engine, essentially a large mobile shield to protect from archers. Including the materials to make it, and plans on how to improve the design. I feel that should we perfect this invention, it will do much to reduce casualties in future sieges. No doubt he has already instructed your own engineers on the basics of these shields, and you may get more information from them.

Second, Sir Kamos performed above and beyond his expectations during the siege, and I request that you personally honor him in a way you see fit. He was able to take command of the Griffon forces, and lead them during the siege. During his time in command he was also able to secure Madame Ursula as a prisoner, and prevent her death so that justice may be dealt as you see fit. I was also told that he and his men came upon the treasury in Ravenstern, and put his mission above personal gain, leading his men further into the keep, and thus into danger. When instead he could have remained safe and much improved the wealth of him and the Order. Without him, the mission could have been lost, instead we have had great success.

I was also told Grandmaster Mastifus became enraged, and tried to slay Ursula, despite being told she is to be taken alive. He knowingly went against your orders, and while I do not believe that he or the Order of the Dragon should be punished, I ask that it be kept in mind that in the future we may not be able to rely on him.

I shall be awaiting your summons at the chapter house in Sarleon, with my men and the prisoners.

~ Your forever faithful servant, Sir Darlion of Pendor, Grandmaster of the Order of the Griffon.
Back to top Go down
https://knightsofthegriffon.forumotion.com

Report on the Siege of Ravenstern
Page 1 of 1