Knights of the Griffon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights of the Griffon

IC and OOC relating to the PoP roleplay

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wednesday Evening, August 17

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

Wednesday Evening, August 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Sir Darlion entered the Meeting Room, stopping not for the first time to admire its simple elegance. The table was in the shape of a kite, painted exactly to match the black and gold shields carried by the Order of the Griffon. At the one end rested a point, where during a trial of one of the members, the accused would stand. At the other end sat two chairs, one for both the Grand Master, and Marshall of the Order. Above the room hung a single chandelier in the middle, casting black shadows against the gold coloured floors. Behind the Grand Master's seat a large shield hung from the wall, bearing the coat of arms for the Order of the Griffon.

Sir Darlion himself was dressed in full armour, as ceremony dictated, and made his way over to the Grand Master's seat. Busying himself with reading his personal mail while he awaited more knights to arrive.
Back to top Go down
https://knightsofthegriffon.forumotion.com
Kamos

Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Sir Kamos stepped into the meeting room along with several other Knights of the Griffon who had been in the barracks with him when the notice for the meeting was sent out. Each Knight saluted the Grand Master and quietly took positions around the table while waiting for several other Knights still around the city to arrive. But in the meantime would occasionally exchange a whisper with their neighbor.
Back to top Go down
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Sir Darlion waits for several moments after the last knight seated himself, before calling for one of the scribes in the chapter house. Noting the lack of their loremaster, he instructed the scribe to make two copies of all that transpired during the meeting. Finishing his instructions, he waited for several more moments while the scribe sat and readied himself. Finally, with all eyes on him, and the silence thickening, Sir Darlion spoke.

"Good evening to you, fellow knights. I have called this meeting together for several reasons. For one, when the king arrives tomorrow, I wish for him to be presented with a unified opinion from the Order of the Griffon. Also, at the moment, our numbers are weak. I have plans for our Order to set into motion after the conflict in Ravenstern is resolved.

I also regret to inform you that our Marshal, my second in command, is unable to attend. He is still conducting business Laria, though I hope he finishes with all haste.

Our numbers are small right now, as you all know, and I do not recommend any full military action by us at this time. Still, feel free to voice your opinion, I shall take every word into consideration.

Let the meeting commence."

Having spoken, Sir Darlion relaxes into his chair while whispers break out among the knights present. Discretely, he organizes his mail and has a servant place it in his desk, to be looked at later.
Back to top Go down
Kamos

Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Sir Kamos stands to outline his current idea for a course of action.

I have already expressed my ideas in open court but most of you weren't there so I shall cover them once again.

By the way the situation looks it seems we have three major objectives.
Ravenstern, the Veccavian landing force, and the Veccavian landing position.
Ravenstern is minor compared to a Veccavian army. While we still need to reinforce the Order of the Dragon we should send enough to keep Madame Ursula in check to deal with her later then use the rest of our forces to deal with the landing army should it arrive. We can't have her running loose but the Order of the Dragon can't keep her in check alone so a division of the forces will be necessary. We can't commit to an assault with the risk of Veccavians running around. Though there is an small chance it's a bluff it's best not to play with threats of invasion fleets given by loyal Knights.

In the event the city is attacked we must be generous and sparing, if they support her out of more than oppression we must prove we are better.

If the Veccavians are truly hours from landing up the coast they will inevitably be have to move further inland and will likely attempt it before our forces can arrive to avoid being pinned on the beach.
This presents an opportunity to attack their landing point and secure some ships for Pendor with luck but most importantly driving the fleet back. If we can managed to capture some ships and more importantly drive of the armada with the assault the Veccavian army will be stranded and no doubt won't be able to feed itself off the land lacking the local support they'd need for a substantial invasion force. This might give us the chance to end this invasion without having to shed to much blood in a major engagement or to substantial a deployment even. However the assault on the landing point may be risking or may not even be possible if we don't know where they landed.
Obviously the force relegated to this will need to be smaller given we'll need most our forces will be required for containing the invasion army in the meantime.

If we can't cut their supplies we'll need to find a way to defeat them before they can reach Ravenstern. Whether by attrition or battle.

We probably won't have much of an operational participation however due to our limited numbers at this juncture. Most of this will need to be taken care of by other orders or soldiers.

Finally he ceases speaking giving a nod to indicate he was done speaking and rests in his chair.
Back to top Go down
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Sir Darlion listens to every word spoken by Kamos, nodding every now and again to show that he is still listening. Overall, he had known the knight a long time, and expected this type of plan from the man. Sir Darlion was always weary however, Kamos's abandoning of the order many years ago had hurt as much as every other knight who abandoned Sir Darlion, even if it were a good reason. Since then, he tried to remind Sir Kamos that the Order was his family, and his father the King.

As Sir Kamos finished, Sir Darlion cleared his throat, sitting upright again.

"Overall a solid plan, though I fear it might not be possible to locate their landing spot, and marshall enough men fast enough to trap them against the beach, or take their ships. Normally I would trust the Silvermist scouts, but this fog that is rolling in will make it unlikely that we'll spot them before it's too late.

I think for now, we should support the siege with more men than we need to. Then, even if we can't take the city quickly, we can pull a sufficient amount of men away from the siege to pincer the Veccavian army, without compromising the siege.

Any other thoughts, knights?"
Back to top Go down
Mordred

Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Loud knocking resonates throughout the meeting room, and the door is quickly opened to admit the armoured bulk of Frederick of Mettenheim. He stands by the entrance uncertainly, looking at the Grandmaster for guidance.
Back to top Go down
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Sir Darlion motions over to the large man quickly, pulling out the seat usually reserved for his second in command.

"Ah, Frederick, I did not expect you to arrive so soon. Sit, please. We are just discussing how to best deal with the Veccavian threat at the moment. Our scribe has a copy of what has been said so far if you wish to look over it.

After that, I planned to bring up Mettenheim, when I heard you were in the city, I thought it perfect timing."

Obviously joyed, but keeping his excitement in check, Sir Darlion then turns to the rest of his knights.

"I trust those of you who have not fought with Frederick of Mettenheim on the battlefield have heard of this great man. Show him the same respect you would I or the king when he is near."
Back to top Go down
Kamos

Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Sir Kamos looks up to the man of some renown from his seat and speaks.

I've not met the main but I'm well acquainted with the stories. It's a pleasure to meet a living legend such as yourself. He spoke with a smile and upbeat tone.
Back to top Go down
Mordred

Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:06 pm

"I thank you for your kind welcome Mijn Commandant and Sir Knight! I always look forward to seeing my old friends of the Griffin. I do not envy your taking up of the job I used to fulfil, that of protecting the back of your king. He has a tendency to make some daring, and some would say stupid manoeuvres, yet it is those which usually won the battle." Frederick said as he made his way over to the proffered seat and sits.

"The war with Veccavia is indeed troubling, though if I know the King he has a plan or two up his sleeve. Ravenstern give me more worry, unrest among the people is never a good omen for a kingdom, especially when they as independent and restless as those from Ravenstern."
Back to top Go down
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Sir Darlion runs a hand through his hair, listening to the aging Frederick before nodding.

"Aye, a widespread revolt would be trouble, but I don't know if it is an immediate problem. I haven't gotten word of more unrest across the kingdom than is to be expected, it doesn't look like the revolt in Ravenstern is catching on just yet. Still, maybe we should prepare some propaganda. Let the people know that Ursula and the Knights of the Falcon are all but commiting outright treason. Her silence is a key thing, we need to let people know that our king is one who will speak to them."

"However, that can be discussed tomorrow, within earshot of the king. Right now, I would like to discuss another matter.. Right now, the knights of the Griffon are low on numbers. I was hoping to expand them.. However, not just by adding more knights. I have a vision you see, one of the Griffons not just guarding the king, but all of the people in Pendor. I want us to be able to deal with any threat that arises. I do not know how to balance such a power should I achieve it, for one man should never grow too strong, but I figured I would start with Mettenheim."

"You see, as you know, several armies from your homeland landed in Pendor during the unrest, and were dealt with. You are unmatched on foot, but your lack of cavalry can be exploited. While that is no problem in your homeland.. It is a major weakness while you men are far from your shores. So, I propose a trade of sorts. I will commision several masters of horse to teach both riding and cavalry tactics to the armies of Mettenheim, in return, I wish for several of your instructors to sign on with the Knights of the Griffon. So that we may field a foot force worthy of matching the others in this land. Does this seem like an offer than would be appealing to Mettenheim?"
Back to top Go down
Mordred

Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm

"I like this idea! Although in my country I doubt there would be many who would want to ride, but some of the younger men are more spirited and adventurous. They have heard tales of your knights, riding proudly to war and imagine being that knight. I will send a message back to the Count about this."

Frederick scratches his head with a large hand while pondering the rest of the offer

"You can be taught how to fight like Mettenheim, but it is not only our skill at arms that makes us fearsome, many of our soldiers are less trained than your own armies in Pendor, it is instead the armour they wear and the confidence it gives us. The armour of Mettenheim makes us feel invulnerable to damage, like a young man again that can never die, this is a powerful thing to have in the middle of a battle."

He then looks down at his own armour, and runs a hand lovingly through the dark blue sash that designates his position as a haupmann within the Forlorn Hope.

"Our smith, very busy at the moment but if I could get some Mettenheim armour for you, what can you give in return?"
Back to top Go down
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 pm

"Frederick, we have a man among us, a man who has a brain like none I've seen before. Not only that, but he is one who acts as our own smith. I am sure that if you could send us just one suit of this armor, he could forge suits that could rival it in strength. I am afraid right now we have no arms that could match Mettenheim craftsmanship, but we could provide you with a breeding stock of fine warhorses to go along with the trainers, if your Count is keen on the idea. Or, if you would prefer money, I can give my own wages for a year. I feel like the horses are a better trade for you though. I have not heard much of Mettenheim's horses, if there are any, but no doubt they aren't of the highest strength without years of careful breeding."

Sir Darlion begins writing as he speaks, from what can be gleamed from a distance, it is an official document. Perhaps he is preparing one in advance if the deal with Mettenheim goes through.
Back to top Go down
Mordred

Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:44 pm

"If you provide the fodder for the horses, then we have a deal. Mettenheim has poor soil hence we do not keep horses of our own. Aysenburg is excellent for mining, bad for farming. We have a smith at the trade post in town, he is a busy man but if your smith were to work with him, he may learn some new techniques."
Back to top Go down
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Sir Darlion frowns thoughtfully for a moment, before slowly nodding and finishing up the document in front of him.

"Right, we can provide the fodder for the initial stock of horses, though their offspring and future generations will have to be provided by Mattenheim. Perhaps you can commission some of the Farmers out West to buy their excess supplies. I will make sure to have a word with our smith, although I'm afraid we cannot have him away for too long. After the crisis has resolved itself would be the best time for that, I think. We need every knight on hand until them."

After he is done speaking, Sir Darlion stands, addressing everyone in the room.

"That concludes this meeting, knights. Make sure to inform all who were not here of its contents. Scribe, send one copy of the report to the king, and send the other to our Marshal. May Pendor watch over you, knights, as you do her."

Finally, he turns to Frederick and extends a hand.

"It was good seeing you again, old friend. Should we return to the castle and sit in on the endless bickerings that are currently going on between the Orders? I swear, when the king gets here it'll be a godsend."

Back to top Go down
Mordred

Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:02 am

"Not for me tonight, there is one thing I have gladly given into with my advancing age, and that is early nights! We will speak more tomorrow when the King has arrived, he has asked me to sit in on your meeting as official emissary from my country. Until the morning my friend." Frederick replied, then rose from his seat and gave a stiff bow at the emblem on the table, clearly unsure of proper ceremony in this hall. He then walked out to the door and left, bound for his bed chambers. His iron shod shoes clattering on the stone floor as he went, the sound remaining behind in the ears of those who remained, echoing softly like a forgotten memory.
Back to top Go down
Diablodude
Admin
Diablodude

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 am

Sir Darlion watches his once-companion on the battlefield leave, before turning back to his men. He offers one word, that which he traditionally ends all formal gatherings with.

"Dismissed."

With that, he walks out, also to the left. Leaving for the castle of Sarleon to contend with the other knights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Evening, August 17   Wednesday Evening, August 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Evening, August 17
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights of the Griffon :: The Grand Hall :: Meeting Room-
Jump to: